英语文章

当前位置: > 英语演讲 > > 拉加德2015伊利诺伊理工大学毕业演讲

拉加德2015伊利诺伊理工大学毕业演讲

作者:www.kciattn.cn  时间:2020-08-11

 

Well, good morning to all of you.

各位早上好。

And let me, first of all, congratulate what you have demonstrated right now an agility in transforming yourself.

首先,请允许我对你们在改造自己的过程中所表现出的敏捷性表示祝贺。

You looked a little bit dark, a little bit gray.

你们看起来有点暗,有点灰。

You look fantastically transparent and full of beautiful umbrellas in the back.

你们看起来非常透明,背后还有很多漂亮的雨伞。

And thank you chairman for introducing the rain.

另外还要感谢主持人介绍下雨。

It is a great honor to return to IIT and celebrate together.

很荣幸回到伊利诺伊理工大学和各位一起庆祝。

I would like to thank President Anderson for his kind invitation.

我要感谢安德逊校长的诚挚邀请。

To thank faculty members, board members, students, parents, grandparents, family members.

要感谢各位教职员工、董事会成员、学生、各位父母、祖父母和家人。

And I would like to thank you for your patience and warm welcome.

还要感谢你们的耐心和热情欢迎。

Let me start with a full disclosure.

接下来我要从一个充分披露开始。

Back many years ago, I was indeed a member of the international advisory council of IIT,

许多年前,我确实是伊利诺伊理工大学国际咨询委员会的成员,

but this is not the reason why I want to disclose fully.

但这不是我想充分披露的原因。

Fully disclosure of my highly personal interest in today's ceremony.

充分披露我个人对今天典礼的最高热情。

I am the proud mother of one of the 2,591 graduates whose accomplishments are being recognized today.

我是一位自豪的母亲,我的孩子也是今天被认可的2591名优异毕业生中的一员。

And as an immensely proud mum... as an immensely proud mum,

作为一位非常自豪的母亲...作为一位非常自豪的母亲,

I would like to extend a special welcome to all families and friends who are joining this wonderful commencement exercise.

我要特别欢迎所有参加这次精彩毕业典礼的家人和朋友。

It's a joyous moment for all of us.

这是我们所有人的快乐时光。

And today, the center of our universe is right here in Chicago, on the Ed Glancy Field.

今天,我们整个世界的中心就在这里,芝加哥埃德葛兰西球场。

Today you, the graduates of this great university, have the right to feel like the new masters of the academic universe.

今天,你们,这所伟大学校的毕业生们,有权利认为自己就是学术界的新大师。

Hard work, boundless energy, relentless curiosity, and incredible talent:

刻苦的工作,无穷的能量,无尽的好奇心,了不起的天赋:

these are some of the qualities that helped you achieve success in the classroom.

这些是帮助你在课堂上取得成功的一些品质。

And these are the same qualities that will help you achieve success

这些品质同样会帮助你获得成功,

and that will bring to bear on some of the world's most exciting challenges.

可以用来迎接全世界最让人激动的挑战。

And believe me, there are plenty of those.

相信我,有很多这样的挑战。

In other words, after having written the prologue,

换句话说,写完了序言之后,

you are now ready to draft your 21st-century legacies in engineering, architecture, business, design, science and technology, and law.

你们现在准备草拟自己21世纪的工程、建筑、商业、设计、科学技术、法律领域的遗产。

What an incredible privilege and what a responsibility!

多么了不起的特权,多么伟大的责任啊!

Of course, many of you already know that the line from college to career is unlikely to be perfectly straight.

当然,你们中的很多人已经知道从大学到职场的路线不可能是一帆风顺的。

It will have ups and downs, plenty of twists and turns, and probably a few of bumps along the way.

这一路几乎必然充满了起伏,有很多曲折,可能还会有一些颠簸。

But many of you will also realize that your starting point could not be better.

但是,你们中的很多人也已经意识到,你们的起点好得不能再好了。

This is why we are here today -- to celebrate the beginning of your journey, the starting point of a new adventure.

这就是我们今天在这里的原因,庆祝你们开始新的旅程,新的探险的起点。

It is a day of hope. It is a day of promise. It is a day of joy.

这是充满希望的一天。这是充满诺言的一天。也是充满快乐的一天。With this in mind, I would like to talk about three things that could, could help along the journey:

想到这一点,我想谈谈可能有助于这个旅程的三件事。

First, reinventing yourself and welcoming change and risks.

第一,重塑自己,欢迎改变和风险。

Second, standing up for your values and ideas.

第二,坚持自己的价值观和想法。

Third, encouraging transformational change in others.

第三,鼓励他人转型变革。

Now if you indulge me, I would like to introduce these points by briefly recounting personal experiences that have shaped my own life.

本文编辑:www.kciattn.cn